Sunday, 13 February 2011

Alternative Valentine's Day card with Unity Stamps January KOM

This weekend I've been playing with the stamps from Unity Stamps January Kit of the Month. I really love this kit - there are some stamps  that will be really useful for many different occasions.

There is currently a Valentine's Competition running on UK Stampers and I'm going to submit this card. Who says Valentine's cards have to be all pink, red and hearts?


I stamped the moon and stars image with Stormy Sky Distress Ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder (which probably isn't quite captured in the photo). The sentiment is stamped with Vintage Photo DI. I then inked the edged of the white card with Old Paper DI. The blue paper is by Laura Ashley and I've wrapped some Tim Holtz tissue tape around it. I added a bit of baker's twine - looking at it now, it might look better if I had wrapped the twine around it twice but you live and learn...

Both the elements are popped on to the card with 3D foam squares for some added dimension and to accommodate the twine behind the blue paper.

I'm off to submit this to the UK Stampers competition now! I made another card from the Unity January Kit yesterday as well, and will blog that later.


4 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Love it :o)

joanne wardle said...

I love this, wish I'd thought of it!

Alannah said...

This is one of my favourites of yours from what you've posted! Really unique. I just love your style!

Angelnorth said...

Great card - perfect masculine Valentine!