Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Flowers on a card - a nearly-one-layer card

I've gone back to basics with this card and used plain and simple (if you can call it plain) as the only technique on this card. I attacked the sentiment with 3D foam to make it "pop" a bit from the background. This is actually inspired by a card I saw on the Hero Arts website the other week but could then not find again no matter what!


The inks I've used are Memento and the flower stamp is from Personal Impressions, and the sentiment Hero Arts. I added gems to the centres of some flowers, too.

I haven't done a card like this for a while but I'm now inspired to break out other stamps that will work for a similar design and to make more one layer cards in general.


3 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful card, love the bright colours

Angelnorth said...

Lovely clean, fresh look to this - great job!

Alannah said...

I really enjoy seeing your work... you don't do things in just one style and that's really lovely. Beautiful card!