Monday, 21 February 2011

It's awards season!

I got a lovely surprise from Lynne today - she's giving  me a blog award! Thank you so much Lynne, I'm very new to blogging as you can see and it means a lot to get this.

Then, while I was working on this post, I got a comment from Sylvie and she too had given me this award! Thank you so much! I hope it is ok that I combine the two in this same post.


It comes with the following instructions:

Step 1 - Make a post linking back to the person who gave you the award! 
Step 2 - Share 7 random things about yourself
Step 3 – Award 7 recently discovered bloggers with this award
Step 4 – Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won the award.
So, here are 7 random things about me
1. I have a cat called Iona who was adopted from an animal rescue charity
2. My favourite shoes at the moment are cherry pink wedge heel mary-janes
3. Someone complimented my big polkadot print bag last week by saying she loved the stripes (!?)
4. My perfect cup of tea has one brown sugar and lots of milk
5. My nails are always done in a different colour, currently a bronzey brown
6. I got my first rubberstamps over 20 years ago but have been into stamping more "seriosly" for just over a year
7. I'm currently writing my application for a course that would enable me to have a career in my dream job (cross your fingers!)

And I'd love to award it to the following talented bloggers!


Thank you so much again, Lynne and Sylvie! These ladies are both really creative and have lovely blogs so I hope everyone reading this pays them a visit, too. 

3 comments:

Shirley-anne said...

Thank you Laura, for the award. . I hope that you enjoy your visits to my blog .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Thanks Laura, I will post it on my blog later as busy day today. Thanks again, nice to learn more about each other. Mmmm Polka Dot Stripes!!! LOL Hazelxoxo

Kim Singdahlsen said...

Thank you so much for including me!

I have a small world story. I had just put up my blog post for an award from someone else including listing 8 blogs. Within 1/2 an hour of putting up my post, you were kind enough to comment on my blog. I hadn't been to your blog, so I came right over and fell in love with it!! It was too late to include you in my first list, but I made a huge note to myself to include you in any future lists!

You have a wonderful style - I had so much fun reading all the way through your blog! I'm a follower!