Wednesday, 16 February 2011

It's that time of the week again... WOYWW

It's that day of the week again, What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, that is. Have a look at Julia's blog here to read what it's all about and to see many more artsy crafty workspaces!

So, what's on my workdesk this week? Or what's not on it; I feel like half of all the stash I own is on my desk at the moment!

(Click for a bigger version.)
You can just see my paper trimmer/guillotine under all that stuff... 

My desk is under a window which I love but sometimes I wish it was next to a wall instead so that I could have some shelving directly above my desk. 

You can see some of my storage at the end of the desk. I really need to buy more shelving or drawers to organise things better, and to move my Sizzix Big Shot away from my desk. 

I'm off to tidy up my desk in a while and do some crafting. I'm lucky to have a day off today which means a rare chance for midweek crafting!

Thanks to all the WOYWW crafters who visited me last week (my first week taking part) and welcomed me to WOYWW!


16 comments:

Neil said...

Nice creative clutter! Enjoy creating art there in the light!

Scrapcat 1 said...

looks liek a busy space to me, have a great week.

karen said...

Very creative and crafty space you have! And almost enough room to fit a full size piece of paper for your actual work area! :)
Thanks for the peek! And for visiting me!
xoxo Karen

Airing cupboard stamping said...

LOve your creative area thank you so much for sharing

laura x x119

Shazsilverwolf said...

love your workspace- thats real crafting, lol. Shaz #131

S said...

Nice "layering" going on here. S #106

Helen said...

enjoy your day off, hope you create lots!

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Hope you've had a great day off and spent some of it creating.

Andrea.xx

Sheilagh said...

Thank you, I just showed your desk to my husband to prove that us crafters cannot help but get untidy.

I lovwe your desk!!!!

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Looks like you've creating some shelving on your window, which seems like a perfect solution to me. I scrap in the basement, so a window would be wonderful! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Sue #21

jude said...

A Creative desk Laura is a messy one.But i know what you mean you can only suffer a mess for so long then boom gotta tidy.Well my past 2 weeks i did just that and todays post you will see the difference from last weeks mess.Have fun just remember where you put everything...thats the problem im having..lol
hugs happy wednesday judex 22

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Laura, stick with the window position, the light is invaluable...but how about....invest in a wider desk and put a little shelf up as well - then you lose no surface room and gain a shelf...you may have to sit in a hall way, but hey!! If that's half your stash...I'll eat my hat!

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Love that your window gives such great light. Hang onto that!

butlersabroad said...

The light is great Laura and not to be underestimated!! You have a bit of room between your desk and the window for a shelf or two perhaps? Can you turn your desk 90 degrees so you still benefit from the light but you open up wall space? Hope you got some crafting done.

Hugs
Brenda 100

okienurse said...

nice desk. Beware of layers! It takes on a life of its own. check out my post and you will see what I mean. Vickie #30

Nicky said...

Lovely desk by the window - I store my bigshot under by desk because although I have a wall DH would not be impressed if I put load of shelve of crafting stuff up as I craft in the living room lol ~ Nicky no.6