Wednesday, 16 February 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me... A One Layer Card.

Just a quick card that I made the other day, and which has already flown the nest, so to speak, to a recipient... 

This card was inspired by Joanne's OLC for the week two challenge over at Less Is More. I really loved the effect of a stamped and masked image with a block of text around it on her card.



I've used a bird stamp for mine. Then, me being me, I thought I'd ink the edges... And then it seemed to need a little something more so I stamped a couple of flourishes in just one corner. Then I added a few more, and a few more... and well, there we are!

The text background stamp I've used is by Crafty Individuals, and the flourish is Artemio. The bird stamps are out of their packaging and I can't remember who they are by. I've used Distress Inks in Wild Honey and Vintage Photo, and the bird is stamped with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.

This was a quick card to make and I really like the masking technique.
Thanks to Joanne for the inspiration!

3 comments:

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

This is a wonderful card

Shirley-anne said...

A bit here and a bit there has made a stunning card . Well done , Laura. Hugs Shirley-Anne

Beth said...

Wow this is gorgeous Laura! I love the frame around this gorgeous bird stamp!

Love Beth xx