Monday, 21 February 2011

The New Unity Stamps Challenge - Hearts

Happy Monday! What? Monday can be happy... at least this one is, as I have time for crafting!
And welcome to my two new followers, it's great to have you!

One of my favourite stamp companies Unity Stamps has a new monthly challenge. The theme for the first month is 'Hearts' and the only other rule is to use only Unity and Ippity stamps.

Here's what I made:


The lovely heart stamps are from Ippity Moon Beam & Heart Strings set, and the birthday sentiment is from January's Unity Kit of The Month. I actually had a birthday card to make so that's why I've chosen that sentiment.

I stamped the hearts and sentiment with Coffee Bean Brilliance Ink on kraft cardstock and embossed them with a clear embossing powder. Some are coloured with Promarkers. I've added some Tim Holtz tissue tape and wrapped some jute twine around the card, too, and added a pink button. The brown backing paper is from a My Mind's Eye Christmas pack!

Hope you're having a good start to your week too, whatever you're doing.

9 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

What a darling creation! The hearts are PERFECT and we are so glad that Unity is one of your fave companies! hooray! Thanks for playing along in the new Unity challenge! Very excited to have you!

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, I love the simplicity of it, Hope you have a good week Hazelxoxo

Katina said...

Hello Laura, I've found your blog through Lynne. So glad I have! Look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations. xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful Laura! Love the stamp set you used, and I adore that little piece of text paper and twine at the bottom!

craftytrog said...

Love those hearts! Gorgeous card! x

Angelnorth said...

Grea use of neutrals, lovely card!

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

This is a gorgeous card

Monica said...

Hi Laura,

I came across your blog while I was visiting Shirley-Anne. I agree with her about the fact that you make such nice, clean and elegant cards!

I am a follower as you can see.

Happy crafting,

Monica

Natalie said...

you card is so ca-ute! love the embossed background!