Sunday, 13 February 2011

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything But a Card (with a touch of Tim Holtz)

Over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week's challenge is to make Anything But A Card, with the suggestion of using Tim Holtz products if possible.

Now, 90% of projects I make are cards. Cards are what got me into paper crafting and even though I enjoy altered art, art journals, ATCs and other similar projects, cards are really my main craft. I very  rarely make tags but I thought I'd try one for a change.


I managed to cram quite a bit of Tim Holtz onto this one; the background is coloured with Distress Inks, there is Tissue Tape and the stamps (sentiment and flourish) are both Tim Holtz. I really love this sentiment but rarely use it.

I found a little tag shaped charm in my stash (it says "believe"), and then added some black organza ribbon and gold brads as finishing touches.

I really enjoyed making this and it might well inspire me to make tags more often.

4 comments:

Alannah said...

I love this--the sentiment is really nice and all the embellishments look great!

Caroline Hallett said...

This is a lovely tag and I like the paper in the background - its really good

S-J said...

Lovely. A great use of the tissue tape too.

Christine said...

Your tag turned out wonderfully!! Love the tissue tape and the sentiment is a great one!! Glad you had fun with this challenge. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog. I hope to see more of your beautiful creations again soon.
xoxo, Christine