Monday, 14 February 2011

Two stamps, two cards - more Unity Stamps January kit stamping

Happy Monday!

I had some more time to play with the Unity Stamps January Kit of the Month stamps this weekend.
Just for fun, I thought I'd make two cards using the same two stamps but  in very different styles.

One very clean and simple...


And one a lot "fussier" with a mix of patterns, inked edges and embellishments:


Just goes to show how versatile stamps can be!

On the first card I stamped the shoes with pigment inks and used clear embossing powder to add some interest. The only part of the first card that took time was that I managed to smudge black ink onto the white space in the first version so had to start over...

The second is stamped with black StazOn, and inked with Distress Inks. I also added some additional flourish stamping to the edges. The papers are Laura Ashley. Then I've glued on some half pears and layered up some Prima flowers in matching colours.

I'm going to send one of these to my mum - if there's one person who loves shoes as much as I do, it's her!


5 comments:

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

I like these both. I always find it hard to keep it clean so must try this more.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful cards :)

Angelnorth said...

Fab cards! I love both clean and simple and vintage so it's great to see the same stamps being put to use in both ways!

S-J said...

I love shoe stamps (and shoes!) so wouldn't need much persuading to buy them but your examples show just how versatile these stamps are.

Caroline Hallett said...

they are both lovely - but the use of white space in the clean and simple one really brings out the delicate features of the stamps - love em ! Caroline x