Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Wear your heart on your... tree!: Valentine's Day Cards

Hi! I'm glad you've found me in my new corner of Blogland. This blog is still a work in progress but I thought I would show you these two cards I made at the weekend.

I'm still working on my cards for Valentine's Day, which isn't really a romantic holiday to me but a day to send cards to friends and family to say I was thinking of them.

These Hero Arts stamps ("Whoo Loves You" clear set) seemed just right for a more simplified "less is more" look. Simple isn't always, well, simple, as I made about 4 versions of this card before I settled on a layout I like and managed to stamp it all without smudging something...


This second one is actually smaller than the cards I usually make - it's about 4" x 4". I had fun experimenting with the smaller size although now I have a dilemma about envelopes - all the ones I have are bigger than this! Perhaps I should look up some envelope making tutorials?


Pink ink is Worn Lipstick Distress Ink which is one of my most used inks. I'm going through a bit of a hot pink phase and this is just perfect! I've also added some pink glitter glue onto the hearts on the trees. My love affair with kraft continues and I've used it as my base card. Kraft + pink + white + black ink = a good thing, if you ask me!

The circles are cut with a Nellie Snellen flower dies which I only just bought. They remind me of doilies which is why I initially fell in love with them!

Now I must continue with this virtual unpacking mission as I complete my blog-move from Wordpress. You can still see projects from the past month over on my Wordpress blog.


2 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful cards :)

Alannah said...

GORGEOUS. Wow, you're so talented!