Saturday, 5 March 2011

Less Is More - Week 5 - Pastel colours

Hello Blogland!
It's been one of those weeks when I had no time and energy for crafting after work. So it's even better to wake up on a Saturday and start the day with stamps, inks and paper in the craftroom!

As I do every Saturday morning these days, I started by checking out the new challenge over at Less Is More. This week's theme is pastel colours.

I had a few more or less failed attempts at first before coming up with this card. It's slightly different from my usual style but I'm quite pleased with it even if I say so myself.


The flower stamp (from Ippity Stamps "Now and Always" set) is stamped 3 times on patterned papers (by Pink Petticoat, freebies from Quick Cards Made Easy) and cut out in sections and layered up with 3D  foam.

Then I added a button in the centre (well, I thought I added it to the centre but looking at the photos it's quite off-centre!), and a leaf to the side (from the same Ippity stamp set).



I wrapped some twine around the card base, rounded the corners, and stamped a Hero Arts sentiment. And then took about 20 not that great photos... *sigh* It's another grey morning with no sign of the sun so the photos are what they are...

At least the evenings are getting lighter and Spring Equinox is fast approaching so there's hope of spring actually arriving! I'm going to be working on Easter cards for a commission this week so that should put me in the mood for spring. Might have to buy some Easter chocolate just to help matters, though... ;)

32 comments:

Jan said...

Wow I just love the flower xx Jan

Maureen [docrafts] said...

Lovely card and I love the colours.
Maureen......x

Loli said...

Beutiful flower and i like your string.
Regards from Spain

nicky said...

Lovely card , and like how you ve stamped on to the paper , not tried that yet.
Nicky

Paula said...

beautiful flower

Caroline Hallett said...

Laura - this is lovely - I am seeing a lot of this stamping on patterned paper - it looks so effective - might have to give it a go x

Mandi said...

Hi again Laura
Stunning card, love the flower, its so striking
Thank you for joining us again, great to see you
mandi
"Less is More"

Linda said...

Love the flower image and how it takes centre stage xxx

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Laura, the flower is SO effective!
Super card.
See you next week.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suzi B said...

Like every one else... love that flower!

Diane said...

How clever - stamping on to patterned paper - I'd never thought of that. It's a lovely flower! xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Very elegant card and I just love your flower.


Anne

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is amazing, Love the flower its amazing, Hope you have a less busy week next week. Keep missing you on twitter, Love Hazelxoxo

Katina said...

Your flower is stunning Laura - love it!! xxx

Suze Bain said...

I absolutely love that flower Laura, gorgeous card.

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card. I love handmade flowers and this is no exception. Beautiful!
lynne xxx

Susan said...

Laura, I love the way you've popped the flower up...very effective. Great card!

Pauline said...

Wonderful, love the flower shape, it's so pretty.

Faith A said...

Gorgeous card, I love the flower

Sharon said...

Fabulous card! That flower is amazing.
Sharon xx

Aileen said...

Love the flower. x

Rosemary said...

so pretty! i love your layered flower!

jillyscreations said...

your flower is beautiful great card

Jo said...

You have made a beautiful card, I too love that gorgeous flower. Jo x

massofhair said...

Beautiful pastel card, your flower is very cute and liking the twine very much:-)
Try using your craft light (needs a daylight bulb in it)to light your card instead of using natural day light. I take most of my pictures when it's dark but can usually get a decent image. I use the very basic Windows Picture viewer to manipulate any further changes needed. Hope this helps:-)

Vicky Hayes said...

Paper-piecing and layering the flower is so effective. love the way you used twine rather than ribbon and a darker pink for the button and sentiment.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love the natural twine with the pretty flower! Warmest wishes, Lesley

sharingthepassion said...

another beautiful card this week, love it

ali x

Rachel x said...

Lovely card, Laura- love the pinks and the green really lifts it!! :) And I have to say that I like 'off-centre' elements sometimes- can make things more interesting to the eye when the rest of the composition is fairly simple!! :)
hugs, Rachel x

Ruby said...

This is so pretty Laura, I've only ever used the set with black or brown, it looks fab in pink!!

Shaz said...

Such a pretty card, I just love that flower. x

Michele Gross said...

Wow! Is this ever gorgeous! Love the beautiful patterns you used to create that gorgeous flower :)
You've got some fabulous CAS creations on your blog!
I wanted to let you know about a brand new weekly CAS challenge that will be starting soon. Its called CAS-ual Fridays. I hope you'll stop by to check us out and we'd love to have you add yourself to our fun followers :)
http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com