Saturday, 12 March 2011

Less Is More - Week 6 - Off The Edge

Another Saturday, another challenge at Less Is More!

This week seems to have just flown by. For some of it, I had no internet or landline at home with BT claiming it was a fault with the unnderground cables. Then it suddenly started working again, so their explanation sounds unlikely! But at least I have my internet and phone line back, regardless of what the issue might have been.

But, onto the card! This week's challenge is to create a One Layer Card (OLC) with the theme of "Off The Edge" e.g. part of the image off the edge of the card (how many times can I say off or of in one sentence!).

I had a couple of failed attempts at this again (ink smudges, placement issues etc.) and I'm not sure if I'm 100% happy with this either but I thought I would post it anyway!


All the stamps are Ippity (by Unity) - butterfly from Now And Always set and sentiment from Delightful Little Things set which just arrived in the post this morning and has some wonderful sentiments I'm planning to use for art journaling.

I've stamped the butterflies with Brilliance ink and added some iridescent glitter glue for added shine. The sentiment is stamped with StazOn.

Thanks to those who gave tips for photographing cards last week. I find photographing cards with plenty of white space especially difficult - something about the contrast is never quite right. If you look at the photos in my blog so far, most of the best photos are cards with more layered textures and colours, whereas the OLCs with white card base look the worst in photos. This photo isn't great, either, and I've already edited it slightly in Picasa. So I'll have to work on that some more!

Anyway, it's a glorious sunny day so I'm going to head out soon!
Happy weekend, everyone!

34 comments:

Chrissie said...

These are great stamps, I really like the quality of Unity, they stamp so cleanly. This card is charming... if you do another we'd love to see it. It's often interesting to see how ideas develop over the week.
It's also interesting to see the number of people who refer to a One Layer Card as OLW... after the challenge at Simplicity which is One Layer Wednesday... ergo OLW. On our challenge we refer to them as OLC... One Layer Card... just so that some people don't get confused with the mnemonics.
Thanks for another great submission and we;ll see you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Laura said...

Chrissie, I had just noticed the OLW/OLC thing on my post and was editing it when your comment arrived! So all fixed now.
Laura

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Laura your card is adorable I love your sentiment ...and how true it is
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is ace Laura, Love it as usual. Re photos, Chrissie said to me to use a black background so I have done with them and it seems to do the trick. Hope all is well with you, I have been poorly this week son MIA Hazelxoxo

Fiona said...

Fabby sentiment and pretty pink butterflies. I always edit my photo's but I always think I get a better result outside, which I managed to do today.

Kathyk said...

Smashing card - love both the sentiment and the image

Kathyk

sharingthepassion said...

this is fab, love it

Ali x

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card - love the added bit of sparkle.

Victoria said...

beautiful card Laura, I love the position of the butterflies and the sentiment. Always good to see a bit of sparkle too!

Enjoy your outdoor time
Hugs
Victoria
x

nicky said...

Loving your butterflys or flutterblys as I called them as a kid.
Nicky

Kim Singdahlsen said...

I love that sentiment paired with those beautiful butterflies!

Loli said...

Hello Laura, i love your sentiment, beautiful, and i love your butterflies, good job.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca

Stamps and Paper said...

Love those butterflies and your sentiment..lovely card.

Anne

Linda said...

Lovely sentiment and they marry so well with the butterflies as they flutter away xxx

Linda said...

Love the sentiment and it marrys in so well with the butterflies as they flutter away xxx

Monica said...

Such a cute card... and the sentiment is out of this world.

xxx Monica

Mandi said...

Hi Laura
Love your crd, can see the glitetr on the butterflies. A little touch of black on them would also look good, ting them together with the sentiment Having said that I love it the way it is, that was'nt a criticism, its talking out lol really lol
Thanks Laura
See you again
mandi
"Less is More"

Lynne said...

Really lovely simple, clean card.
You can`t go wrong with butterflies IMO. Love the sentiment too.
Lynne xxx

Jo said...

Love the sparkly butterflies, and what a great sentiment. Jo x

Katina said...

Just gorgeous Laura! I love your butterflies as they're more modern looking than mine. The sentiment is fab. I agree with you about the Harry Potter films; I've been really disappointed with them. xx

Caroline Hallett said...

very cool card, love what you have done with the butterflies

Susan said...

Laura, I love the pink butterflies...and that sentiment is fabulous. Might just need to check out the Unity stamps!

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Very effective. Love the simplicity.

Hugs, Sandra

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Very effective. Love the simplicity.

Hugs, Sandra

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous card Laura! Love that quote! x

Rosemary said...

what a sweet card! i love that sentiment!

Paula said...

pretty card

Michelle said...

such a lovely card and sentiment xx

Sasha said...

Lovely card with a sentiment that ties in perfectly.

Debgem said...

This is very pretty - I do like pink, black and white - it's timeless. A lovely card!

Angelnorth said...

The placement of the butterlfies is fab with the "wander" of the sentiment - lovely card!

Suze Bain said...

Lovely clean, fresh card. Beautiful butterflies.

Shirley-anne said...

I love that the sentiment actually suits the butterflys beautifully .Hi Laura love your CAS card

Airing cupboard stamping said...

your card is beautiful and the stamps are gorgeous thank you so much for sharing x x