Saturday, 19 March 2011

Less Is More - Week 7 - Masculine cards

Happy Saturday! It's looking gorgeously sunny here - I love waking up when it's sunny, and the cat is enjoying sleeping in the sunny spot on the carpet!

It's time for another challenge over at Less Is More and this week Mandi and Chrissie have asked us to create a masculine card, obviously adhering to the CAS guidelines.

Here's what I've come up with this week...


I had the idea to use this Ippity Book It stamp to create "pages" on a card yesterday but didn't try it so I thought I would give it a go now. I've used the masking technique to layer up the elements.

I have to say I'm slightly doubting its CAS credentials because there isn't loads and loads of white space but as it's all one layer stamping on cardstock, I hope it counts! Obviously using a larger base card would create more  white space around the images, too.

The stamps are Ippity Book It, Catslife Press Bird On Branch - Stonechat, Hero Arts Birthday Definition and Studio G sentiment. I've stamped the book pages with Tea Dye Distress Ink for that vintage look, and otherwise used Versafine for my stamping. I finished it off with some natural twine tied around the card.

I quite like the effect and think I will try this with different colours and images to create some other cards, too.

37 comments:

Caroline Hallett said...

Laura - if this doesnt meet the challenge it doesnt really matter as its just a fabulous card - love how you made it and love love love the stamps...

Chrissie said...

This works beautifully Laura and the overall effect is decidedly clean and simple. Perfect for a chap!
Great to see you again!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Pauline said...

This is so lovely, the vintage style actually works with CAS, who knew! A beautiful card, love the twine at the top too.

Hazel said...

This is perfect for a masculine card - I love it. I've used a bird stamp too, great minds. Hazel x

Jan said...

Fab card xx Jan

Kathyk said...

Smashign vintage feel and loving the twine too

Kathyk

Elaine said...

Love it - the twine adds to the effect

Paula said...

nice design

nicky said...

Really Love your card , and that little birdie in blue is a fab idea.
Nicky

Stamps and Paper said...

A lovely card..

Anne

Loli said...

Beutiful vintage style, fab card.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is brilliant Laura, I love it, Hope you have had a great week, Not been in Twitterland as much as I would have liked. Talk soon Hazelxoxo

Kim Singdahlsen said...

I love it! The page layers are such an interesting idea - and I love what you have done with each "page". It's a perfect CAS card!

Mandi said...

This is brilliant Laura and certainly great for CAS
thanks as always
mandi
"Less is more"

sharingthepassion said...

this is a super card, love the sstamps you have used.

ALi x

Lynne said...

I love this. Perfect male card.
Lynne xxx

Heather T said...

What a clever combination of stamps. I am inspired to try something similar. I love the vintage feel you created.

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

I think you've made a brilliant male card here.
Hugs, Sandra

Jo said...

This is a great male card, I love it. Jo x

Angelnorth said...

The book page is not particularly busy so the overall impression is definitely clean and simple - fab card!

Katina said...

Definitely a CAS card Laura and just perfect for the challenge. I love it! xx

Rosemary said...

i think the verdict is in... this is definitely CAS and definitely fabulous!!

Gibmiss said...

hI lAURA
fAB CARD LOVE IT...SOOOO DIFFERENT
NICE .....
HUGS
SYLVIE
XXX

Valerie said...

Love this vintage card, it's so different
Val x

Suze Bain said...

Fabulous card Laura, loving the twine. x

Sue said...

A fab card. Great technique. Sue.x

JeNjOy said...

Love vintage, love this card, the page stamp is great.
jenjoy x

Joan said...

Love your card, that page stamp is fab.

massofhair said...

Superb card and i really like the colour, really cool and vintage looking card:-)

choupynette said...

Love your card! the effect is great... bravo!

butlersabroad said...

Great card, love the colours and the little bird and the twine really make it pop!

Hugs
Brenda

Fiona said...

Fab masking and great use of stamps, which are all great btw.

Linby said...

Great card and fab images-well done on all the masking.
Linbyx

pickle said...

A super little card. the twine is the perfect finishing touch.

Lol at your cat..mine is the same even if there is only a centimtre of sun she is in that spot..lol

Kerry x

My name is Wynneth said...

In love the faux pages, what a great idea. I do love to add a touch of blue against a project which is basically browns and the bird image is perfect.
hugs
wynneth
x

kingstonmama said...

I really love this card. I like the stamped pages. Great masking. The twine is the perfect little accent. I think it's perfectly CAS!

Sylvie said...

Wonderful card
Hug Sylvie x