Saturday, 26 March 2011

Less Is More - Week 8 - Sketch

Hello Saturday crafters!

It's already week 8 over on Less Is More and this week Mandi & Chrissie have given us a Sketch challenge. This is the sketch they want us to base our cards on:



So that means it's a DL card this week.
I'm still working on Easter cards so I've made mine with that in mind. Here it is:


I've used kraft card as the base, and combined it with We R Memory Keepers paper. The stamps  are both from Waltzingmouse Stamps and I've coloured in the daffodils with ProMarkers. I wrapped some yellow embroidery floss around the card and tied it in a bow to finish it off. I think baker's twine would have probably worked better but I just wanted to try something different for a change.

I really liked this sketch and I've stamped some extra daffodil images to create a few more similar cards, too.

Thanks again to everyone from Less Is More who visited me this week and left comments! It's so appreciated, and I read every comment. Thank you!

27 comments:

Chrissie said...

I'm really glad you enjoyed working with the sketch Laura, you've certainly made a super card with it!
See you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Maureen [docrafts] said...

Lovely spring card, well done.
Maureen.........x

sharingthepassion said...

super card Laura, love it.

ali x

Rita said...

Love your card, its so seasonal too. Hugs Rita xx

mandi said...

So glad you enjoyed our sketch Laura
your card really reflects that
See you again
mandi

Faith A said...

Love it, great colouring too

Lynne said...

Lovely card. great colouring too.
Lynne xxx

Debgem said...

I love WMS!! I think your card is lovely, the kraft base works really well with the soft yellows and green. A fab Easter card!

Susan said...

Laura, this is an awesome card...great colors...and it will be a perfect Easter card!

Hazel said...

A lovely Easter card with great style. Hazel x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Such a beautiful colour combination. What a lovely card. Lx

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty card.

Anne

kelly said...

this is a fab card for spring! Love it
Kelly xx

Rosemary said...

oh i love your card! just beautiful!

Kim Singdahlsen said...

I love it! I like that the image is so sweet and simple in keeping with the simple sketch.

JeNjOy said...

Love this card, the floss is a great touch.
jenjoy x

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Perfect for the sketch and this springtime.
Hugs, Sandra

Margaret said...

Very pretty Laura and thanks for visiting my blog
Margaret x

Caroline Hallett said...

Very pretty card - great colours

Michelle said...

A really nice card, I love the colour combination and the embroidery floss.

Hugs
Michelle

Jo said...

This is a lovely cheery card. Jo x

Suze Bain said...

Such a pretty spring card. x

Babs said...

Lovely card bright and cheery and i like the colour...

Babs x

mustavcoffee said...

Hello there, lovely card, real spring colours, delightful:0) xxx

Joan said...

pretty card, love the daffodils and easter theme

pickle said...

A lovely card..perfect for easter xx

choupynette said...

A lovely cards, I really love the combination of colours. Soft and sweet.