Sunday, 27 March 2011

Mother's day

Mother's Day isn't actually in April in the country where my mother is but she now knows the British Mother's Day is earlier so I tend to send two cards - one for the UK one and another in May!


I've used kraft as my base, and combined it with printed paper from My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Gertie paper pad (one of my favourite collections at the moment!) and some stamping. The trees are from Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped with VersaFine and Memento. I've distressed the edges of both panels with the edge of my scissors and then added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges for a really aged look. And because I love pink and brown together!


I stamped some faux stitching to the corner (with Waltzingmouse Stamps again), added a sentiment (possibly not in the best possible location but I didn't know where else to put it...), seam binding and finally a button, both from The Ribbon Girl.

The only question now is, what kind of a card will I make for the other Mother's Day in May?!


8 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful! Love pink and brown together, and your touch of green is a fabulous touch.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

A beautiful card :)

Angelnorth said...

That tree is a really pretty stamp, sweet card!

Minxy said...

Aw i like this, very pretty :D

Monica said...

Lovely colours and the ribbon looks great. Love the distressing and the stitching on the right.

This card will be much loved by your mum for sure.

xxx Monica

Katina said...

Totally beautiful Laura! xx

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Great card. I received one of your ATCs in the UKS swap and I love it.

cardesque said...

lovely pretty card, I like the faux stitched corner.