Monday, 7 March 2011

One-Layer Wednesday 43 - Shimmer

This week's OLW challenge over at Susan's blog is to use shimmer but NOT glitter or bling on your (one layer) card.

I received my Unity Stamps February Kit of the Month in the post today so I thought I'd have a play with them. This bike & balloons stamps is quite fun, even though it isn't something I would normally choose.



I've stamped with Brilliance ink in Lightning Black and then coloured in the balloons with stardust pens (freebies from a magazine last year) for added shimmer. (Incidently, the Brilliance ink is coming out really fuzzy looking on all the photos - sorry!)

So, that's my card. Quite simple to make, although I did get those dreaded ink smudges on the first two attempts so it took a while to perfect it!

It's been a gorgeous sunny day today - feels like spring! I have Monday afternoons off so I've been enjoying my crafty time and a long walk in my local park, too. Back to work tomorrow for another busy week. 

5 comments:

Katina said...

Hi Laura,
I love this; the stamp is so unusual and the sentiment is perfect! I know what you mean about ink - I always have the same trouble. xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

LOL Im so glad you get smudges too. The amount of cards I bin as there is a fingermark on them?!!!
Love this card its super. Thanks for sharing,
Love HAzelxoxo

Joan said...

fab card Laura, love that stamp and sentiment.

Susan Raihala said...

What a FABULOUS card! Those balloons do make a birthday better!

Thanks for playing the OLW challenge.

Monica said...

I do agree with the sentiment... balloons add so much cheer. Your card is lovely... love those balloons tied to that cycle.

xxx Monica