Wednesday, 16 March 2011

WOYWW - a look at the projects on my desk today

It's Wednesday and that means Julia is hosting another What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday over at the Stamping Ground. I've missed the past couple of weeks of WOYWW due to being super busy at work but today I'm off sick with a cold so I have time for blogging and crafting. Silver linings, and all that...

So, here's a peek at my workspace:


I've been working with my Distress Inks this week, and making tags. You can see some scrap card where I was trying out stamps (most from the Artistic Stamper, and some Unity and Ippity on my desk too).

Here's a closer look of the tag I started last night and left out to dry overnight. Gibson Girl stamp by The Artistic Stamper and sentiment by Ippity Stamps (Delightful Little Things set). I just love that quote and somehow the vintagey image works with the modern font of the sentiment.



The seam binding (coloured with Distress Ink) is from The Ribbon Girl, my new favourite UK source of ribbons and twine. (You can also see some newly arrived baggies of twine on my desk, they are just adorable!) Their service is super fast and friendly, and I just love their products. (I'm simply a satisfied customer, I haven't been asked to say anything about them!)

Well, I'm off to get another cup of tea and try to get rid of this annoying cold. I'll try not to sneeze while I visit other WOYWW desks this week! ;) *atchoo*

17 comments:

Fiona Whitehead said...

sorry to hear you have a cold but it hasn't stopped your creativity - love that tag - the image fits perfectly with the quote - off to have a nose at the links you gave x

sharingthepassion said...

Ffab tag and great desk. Hope you feel better soon.

Happy WOYWW

Ali x

Kim Singdahlsen said...

I love seeing your workspace. It is about the same size as mine and you cram just as much stuff into it! Sorry about the cold, but am glad you can still create!

Helen said...

what a great tag, glad you're managing to craft even though you're too poorly to go to work, lol!

Caroline Hallett said...

great tag - love the Gibson girl stamps from Jennie - they are next on my wish list of Rubber I NEED.. Happy WOYWW

Minxy said...

Hay if you gotta be off sick you may as well make the most of it, i'm now an expert having been off for over 6 months!!
Wish you better soon
stay inky
hugs Minxy #28

Chrysalis said...

Hi Laura - glad to see you're not letting your cold get the better of you - love your tags! Thanks for popping by my blog xx

KanataNewf said...

looks like another great place to get crafty!

hope you are feeling better soon.

happy WOYWW!
Sheena #89

Angela Fehr said...

Love that Gibson girl stamp!

Wipso said...

I'm having a really busy week but am quickly dropping by to make sure all our WOYWW friends get the chance to win the last of our weekly draws before the BIG one over in our blog shop. Pop over and join in the fun. Good luck.
Hugs,
A x
http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

okienurse said...

busy desk! Looks very creative though! Nice tag! Thanks for sharing! Vickie #52

Julia Dunnit said...

Well we benefit from your cold - hope you feel better soon! Love the tag already - I wonder if you added any more to it..I'm off to check out this ribbon gal!

Jovita said...

Hope you get over your cold soon, at least you can stay home and craft. The vintage tag looks wonderful, I like the blue background you created.
Have a great week,
Jovi #141

Angi~Mistress of Mayhem said...

Hope you're feeling better! Love fiber...your tag is wonderful! Very true sentiment...

Happy weekend!

Angi (#84)

Sam said...

It is nice that you can cough and sneeze to your heart's content in your room!! Get well soon!

The Crafty Elf said...

Great tag! Love your collection of Distress inks. I have three but must invest in a few more, I really like them.

MaggieC said...

Hope the sneezing goes away soon, and you feel much better.