Sunday, 10 April 2011

Creative Girl

Hello, Blogland!

It's been a busy week of all kinds of things - some very exciting but I can't talk about them yet before they are confirmed... It was also my birthday this week. And then yesterday I went to the Big Stamp & Scrapbooking Show at Alexandra Palace, London. So many craft goodies to see and shop!

Earlier this week I got my order from Unity Stamp, including my new favourite stamp by Suzi Blu. So I wanted to do something inky and vintagey with it, and made this to hang on my craft room door.


It's actually a page from a Tim Holtz Grunge Book. I sprayed it with Cosmic Shimmer sprays, inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and also stamped some printed text over it (from Glitz Distress Stamps set, one of my purchases from yesterday's show). The girl is stamped on cream cardstock, cut out and inked with Vintage Photo and Broken China. The flowers are Prima (also inked to age). Buttons and twine from The Ribbon Girl, the ribbon is vintage ribbon I picked up yesterday.


The text on the stamp says "I am a creative girl. I have the right to make my mark. I deserve a rewarding creative life." Love it so much!


2 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW I so am using that text as my Mantra!!! Love it. This is stunning what a gorjuss image and what a great welcome to your craft room, Love HAzelxoxo

The Wild Fairy said...

Happy Birthday this week Laura! I love your door hanging - really unusual and pretty! Have a lovely week ahead. ~Siobhan