Sunday, 24 April 2011

Less Is More - Week 12 - Off Centre

Happy Easter!

I haven't had much time for crafting or blogging lately but now I have a week and a half off work so I'm planning to spend some time making things. Yesterday I completed the mammoth task of tidying my craft table and now it's lovely and neat, with plenty of space for making things!

It's time for another challenge over at Less Is More. This week it is a recipe card and the recipe is "Off Centre". Chrissie and Mandi are asking us to make "cards with little or no symmetry but perfect balance, which doesn't necessarily mean gems in all four corners, or any corners for that matter". This is my card:


I've used some design paper from My Mind's Eye True Blue collection, and the stamp is by Basic Grey, stamped in VersaFine. I couldn't resist adding some brown/white baker's twine as well.

Nice and easy!

Hope you're all enjoying the long weekend and having some of the glorious sunshine we have here!

17 comments:

Karen said...

Great card for the LIM challenge! I especially like the twine - the way it extends all the way across the front, as opposed to the patterned paper. Perfect!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbookingdotcom

Kathyk said...

Really pretty - me too, loving the twine that is!

Happy Easter

Kathyk

Aileen said...

lovely take on the challenge. x

kelly said...

love this, the twine is a great added extra texture!
kelly xx

Mandi said...

This is just FAB Laura
i love it!
Thanks so much
mandi
Diva LIM

Lynne said...

Stunning card Laura. I really must get some twine.
Lynne xxx

Tracey said...

A very pretty card. Congratulations on cleaning your craft space. Tracey x

Susan said...

Laura,
This is just as cute as can be! Love that little bird perched on the sentiment!

Rosemary said...

a perfectly sweet and lovely card!!

Chrissie said...

This is just lovely Laura!
Super design perfectly executed!
Thanks so much!
Chrissie
Lady LIM

Michellem said...

Gorgeous and perfectly "off centre"!

Paula said...

wonderfully 'off centre' - fab!

Joan said...

Fab card, love the twine

Suze Bain said...

This is perfectly balanced Laura, a beautiful card. x

Jenny said...

Lovely card and so simple but striking. Perfect for this weeks recipe :)
Jenny x

Faith A said...

Great card, love the added twine, must remember that :)

Michelle said...

Very stylish card:) love it!
love
michelle x