Monday, 20 June 2011

Handmade Monday - Teeny Trees 4 seasons canvas

Hello!

It's Monday... (hear the excitement...) but, that means it's Handmade Monday , a change to see what everyone has made this week.

I pulled out my current favourite stamp set, Teeny Trees from Waltzingmouse Stamps, again and had a little play... and here's what I ended up with:





I painted the whole canvas first with acrylic paint, and covered the edges with some tissue tape (Tim Holtz).

The little panels are stamped with Memento Inks. I also added some random words and sayings, cut out of a book. Just anything I thought sounded nice. It was surprising how many things you can find looking through random booktext, and how when taken out of context, they really take on another meaning.

I've been making wallart a lot lately, it's fun to branch out from cards every now and then. 

So, that's me! Pop over to the 1st Unique Gifts blog if you haven't already, to browse through what other crafty people are making.

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous images! My favourite type of stamp - simple designs but very effective. I love your use of text too x

Kim Singdahlsen said...

This is wonderful! I have not done any wall art, but I may have to try it - borrowing heavily from your piece of course!

Ros Made Me said...

Oooh the stillness stamp is just lovely. I love the colours that you have used, it reminds me of some great retro curtains that I used to have in my bedroom, very Festival of Britain, just love it!

Charters said...

Nice wall art, what a great idea!

Alison - Belovedly said...

So very very lovely. Well done x

Picto said...

The finished wall art looks great, the trees are very effective, I love the colours too.

Jan x

fatmonica said...

I love it!The stamps are so effective and I bet it looks great on the wall!

Carolee Crafts said...

This canvas would fit into any room, not too dressy.

Jingle said...

This is wonderful! Such great choice of colors! I love it!

Kim Singdahlsen said...

I have so thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog, that I want my blog readers to know about you - so I am passing along the Cherry on Top Award! The details are here.

Thank you for all of your fun and creative ideas!

Martha said...

these are so lovely creations! the stamps are simple but do look good. sorta retro style. like your choice of inks too!