Saturday, 25 June 2011

Less Is More challenge sketch card, and exciting news!

Hello!

Make sure to read all the way to the end of this post for my exciting news... :)

But first, it's week 21 over on Less Is More and this week it's a sketch challenge. I really like sketches - when I'm making cards without one, I often end up using the same layout on all, so it's good to be challenged to do something else!

This is the sketch:


And my interpretation of it...


I substituted the band of colour with stamping some faux stitching with a Waltzingmouse background stamp. The doilies are from My Mind's Eye and stamped with a random coral red chalk ink from my stash, and cut out and attached with pop dots. The sentiment is Hero Arts and pearls are Prima.

And yes, I'm having a bad photography day today... somehow brown ink on white never seems to come out right in photos, for whatever reason.

Soooo, that exciting thing I mentioned the other day but couldn't say more yet?

Well, now I can! I'm super excited to share with you that I got my first Design Team position! I made it to the DT for Papercrafts.TV! Hurrah! Can't wait to get started!

Hope you all have a fun weekend, whatever you're doing!

28 comments:

Leina said...

YESSS!! Congratulations!

Sientje said...

I love the way your card turns out with the sketch from Less is more. Especialy the faux stitching and the colourcombi.

dutchstamptramp said...

What a beautiful card! I love the stitches in the background

Chrissie said...

Many congrats on your DT appointment... I'm not surprised with fab work like this card. Super job!
Thanks so much Laura.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Dana Leigh said...

Lovely card! Simple and perfect.

Debs M said...

love the doilies, well done on your dt slot x

Kathyk said...

Congratulations on your DT slot and your fab card

Kathyk

Alison said...

Your card is gorgeous laura! Congrats on your new DT, great news!
Alison x

Kim Singdahlsen said...

Yeah for you!

Fiona said...

Well done you! Love the stitching detail on your card. I had a bad photo day too, blame it on Blogger!

Jan said...

Great card, love it xx Jan

Beryl K said...

This is just gorgeous
Beryl x

Mandi said...

Fabulous card Laura
Well done on your DT position, they are lucky to have you
That sentiment looks FAB, like it's handwritten
Love it!

Thank you very much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Katina said...

Brilliant news an a gorgeous card. Well done!! x

Lynne said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous pink. Well done on the DT.
Lynne xxx

Hazel said...

This card is lovely, I love it. Hazel x

Angelnorth said...

Congrats on the DT position - have fun with it!

Theresa said...

This is just beautiful! I love the colors and the image. Fabulous.

Congrats on your DT position - I'm still trying to be on one beyond my sister's blog.

Susan said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations!! I know you'll love it! Your card is beautiful. I have those MME stamps, but didn't know what to do with them...thanks for the inspiration!
My Card

Aileen said...

Love the faux stitching and the doillies. Congrats on your DT. x

sasa said...

Love the doily flowers - red and white always look so fab and the stitching compliments them perfectly.
Sarah at 155

Jenny said...

wonderful card, the doilies are great and I like the bling centres:)
Jenny x

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card, love the colour and the stitching. Congrats too.

Kath x

VICTORIA said...

Beautiful card and I love the stitching. Victoria :)

Rachelxx said...

Congrats on your news :-)

Love your take on the sketch, clour is lovely & the stitching super :-)

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Laura

Congrats on the DT position! No wonder with wonderful creations like this one!

Take care

Tina

Sally H said...

What a fabulous card! I love it

Natalie said...

Congrats on the DT! I just found your blog because I'm joining the team too. So excited!! Adding your lovely blog to my reader now :)
Natalie