Monday, 13 June 2011

Reuse, recycle! A Boden inspired card.

It won't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me that I love clothes. Especially anything with pretty and unusual patterns. One of my favourite companies is Boden - they are famous for their fabulous prints and bright colours. The catalogues are equally gorgeous.

A particular page in a recent Boden catalogue caught my eye and I couldn't resist giving it a new life on a card...





How gorgeous are those colours?

I went for a clean and simple design to show off the pattern. The stamps are from Unity and Ippity.

I wish Boden would start making designer paper! In the meantime, I'm going to keep a close eye on the catalogues for any pretty pages...

Today is Handmade Monday - go check out what others have been making!

12 comments:

Susie said...

That's so beautiful. I love to reuse beautiful things. you've done a lovely job! :)

Joanna said...

If you hadn't mentioned it was from a catalog I never would have guessed! It works so well! I love using the different bits and pieces I find around the house on my cards! And you are right..they should start making designer paper! :) Jo x

Alison - Belovedly said...

That's lovely, I tear stuff like that out of mags and catalogues with the aim of creating something beautiful like your card. But over time my clippings end up scraggy and in the bin :( I need a folder for them I think!

Mrs A. said...

Great idea and looks fab. I need to restrick my spending big time at the moment so any crafty ideas like this are a real godsend to saving money. Hugs Mrs A.

Danie May said...

Pink and Green are one of my favorite colour combinations and I love this gorgeous pattern you have found to create your beautiful card.

Ros Made Me said...

Now that really is recycling! The card looks fantastic... am now feeling guilty about all those catalogues I have thrown out.

Caroline Lovis said...

It's true their choice of fabrics are gorgeous and you have translated one of them beautifully to make this card....and used a bit of thrift as well.

Carolee Crafts said...

The colours are beautiful and good idea for recycling

Charters said...

Pretty card, good idea - all for recycling and saving money. Great tip.

Maria said...

What a lovely card, I wouldn't have guessed you had used a page from a catalogue.

Helen said...

I really like the card, the colours are lovely :)

fatmonica said...

It's a beautiful card-I love the flowers and ribbon.