Sunday, 12 June 2011

Sunday reflections...

This week was a good week for making things.

Usually I don't craft after work during the week. I always think I'm too tired, won't have time, don't want to get everything out just for a short time... there's always an excuse, whatever it is.

BUT, this week I had a card to make and I realised how much I loved crafting after work! 
It gave my brain a chance to switch to a completely different activity. 
From staring at a computer screen for most of the day, 
it was so much fun to play with colours, to make something pretty. 
It didn't make me more tired, it made me feel more awake.

I enjoyed it so much that I did the same again the day after! 

And now, I'm going to try to remember to craft more. No matter how busy or tired. 
Making things is good for me. It makes me feel happy and creative.

This week I also remembered how the best thing about making things is the making of them. Not the end product. The end product might not turn out like I hoped it would. It will certainly not be perfect. But if I enjoyed making it, then the end product isn't that important. Sometimes I spend a long time at my craft desk and don't really end up with anything in the end. But it's fun. It let's me express something of me. And that's all that matters. Thinking this way makes crafting a better experience for me. 

Today I only made one thing, but I enjoyed it. 


It's for a challenge over on My Unity Place where the theme is creating your own background paper.
I used Unity Stamps (of course!) from two Kit of The Month kits (May 2011 and February 2011). The flowers are stamped with VersaMark and clear embossed, and then lightly coloured in with Distress Ink and a waterbrush. I dyed the seam binding with the same inks. 



That quote is so true.
What we see depends on what we look for.



1 comment:

Folly said...

Laura, I love that sentiment, it is so true. I loved your story - I also don't craft at night during the week, but maybe I should try!
Michelle.