Friday, 17 June 2011

Unity Friends with Flair Friday

Happy Friday!

It's Friends with Flair over on Unity Stamp Company's blog. This takes place every Friday and is for Unity fans to showcase their Unity projects.

I made this card earlier this week and it's one of my favourite projects I've made for ages! It's my current favourite colours again...


This card started out with a blank sheet of cream cardstock. I used stamps from Unity's March Kit of the Month. Both the butterflies in the background and the butterfly frame are stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with a bronze embossing powder. The 'aunt' stamp is from the April KOTM.

I used my Distress Inks as watercolours to colour the background and then spritzed some Cosmic Shimmer Mist onto it for added glitz! My fingers were an interesting shade of green after making this card!


This is, obviously, for my aunt and I'm going to send it off to her today.

Hope you like it! Make sure to pop over to Unity's blog to see what others have made!

19 comments:

Kim Singdahlsen said...

This is truly stunning! The bronze embossing on that beautiful watercolored background is such a nice contrast. And that final spritz of mist is perfect. I love it!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, oeh, I love it!! The bronze embossing looks awesome with the green background!! It's so stylish and a bit like, don't really know how to day in English, hope you know what I mean, it has this Brocante markets feeling about it! Hope you know the word, it's a good thing! :-) I like it a lot!!
Hugs, Wendy

jennifer mitten said...

Wow! I love this, especially the embossing...

Anne said...

Beautiful card! I love how you used the distressing inks. The bronze embossing powder looks just wonderful with the greens!!

Jennifer Roach said...

Wow, this is GORGEOUS!! The colours, the embossing....both so pretty :)

Alison said...

I love this card Laura, the colours are gorgeous! Great design! x

Kary said...

Hi Laura, Gorgeous colours and I love the beautifully embossed butterflies. Your aunt is going to love this card!!

Jingle said...

You used such pretty techniques on this card! Very nice!

Erin said...

Wow this may be MY new favorite colors!!! The embossing looks awesome too

Crystal said...

Nice embossing and distressing, love the color!

Rachelxx said...

Love the colours you have used. Your Aunt is a lucky lady :-)

sharon g said...

ORRRRR, it could be an April Fool's card for your husband. Nah, you're right, it's best to send it to your aunt. :)
LOVE the embossing, too.

Jen said...

A.m.a.z.ING! whoa. Gorgeous colors!

Ruby said...

Stunning card.

Angelnorth said...

Love the bronze and green combo - lovely card!

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, what an amazing creation! Love all those embossed butterflies, and the colors are so luscious. :)

Carol said...

Beautiful job! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Angie Blom said...

oh my goodness it this is truly gorgeous.

Martha said...

this card is amazing. you combined beautiful motifs with fabulous colours. love that paper you used for the background. well done! this card does make a statement!