Friday, 9 September 2011

Imagine It - Unity Friends With Flair Friday card

Happy Friday!

Every Friday Unity hosts Friends With Flair over on their blog, for us Unity fans to show our stamped creations.

I actually made this card last weekend but haven't had time to blog it until now.



I've used Unity's Donna Downey stamps from the set "Imagine It". The label is die cut with Nesties and inked with alcohol inks - it has a bronze metallic sheen in real life that I couldn't capture in the photos. The background is an embossed sheet of Black Magic cardstock.



I just love that quote! What have you achieved this week?

Me, well, I'm now running for 28 minutes nonstop for the first time in my life. I started training using the Couch to 5k plan at the end of June and I'm now nearly finished, going to be running for 30 minutes 3 times a week from next week! It has been truly amazing. I've never been athletic and was never good at running before. I'm so proud of having got this far with it. And having achieved that, I now feel I can do anything! Happy place!

Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

Sarah said...

I just love the embossing! Great job running- I think it takes a lot of willpower to keep going sometimes, but it's totally worth it :)

Linda said...

Your card is super have a great day!

Emily Keaton said...

What an elegant and beautiful card!! And WAY TO GO on your running achievements! That is definitely something to be proud of.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card--love that quote. And great work on the Couch to 2K.

Marsha said...

BEAUTIFUL embossing. Beautiful card.

Jen said...

Love the texture and the alcohol inks look awesome on this card! Congrats on your running!

Dr. Ivy said...

This is very pretty. Was the cardstock glossy, so you could use alcohol inks?

*Alison* said...

the embossing really makes your card pop :) hugs

~Tammy~ said...

What a beauty! Love this sentiment too!

jennifer mitten said...

Wow, this card is amazing! I love everything, the embossing, the stamping, and the label die cut. Just beautiful. Good for you and good luck with your running!

Jen said...

Your card is FAB - I love it - and GREAT job on C25K! Woot!

Monica said...

Love the embossing and the sentiment is so inspirational. Also great that you are running... keep it up!

xxx Monica

StampinCathy said...

This is just gorgeous. Love the colors, texture and that quote!

CharityHand said...

I just love everything about this card! :)

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Love the colours and quote too and congratulations on new DT job

JenMarie said...

Oh this is STUNNING!!! Hey, if you want on my IPPITY email list, email me your email... geez, how many times can I say EMAIL! ;) taylormadebyjenmarie a t gmail dot com