Sunday, 4 September 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - Autumn is coming!

Happy September!

Despite a warm weekend, it's getting undoubtedly autumnal. Autumn means lovely warm colours, big mugs of hot tea, getting cardigans out from their summer storage and having the cat sleeping under the duvet all night. What's not to love?!

With that in mind, I've used some of my favourite autumnal tones and a stamp from Waltzingmouse's 'Cicely at Halloween' set for this card. This is the challenge sketch for this week over on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog:


And this is my card:

(Click to see it bigger.)


The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye 6x6 'Allspice' paper collection. I just love those delicious autumnal tones!



4 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Not only do I love the look and colors of that patterned paper, the name is just as yummy! AWESOME coloring of Cicely, what a sweet Halloween card for this week's WMSC!

Edna Morrisedie said...

It is spring where I live, so all a bit different for me.... love the bright colours you have used with this image and the papers, comes together nicely.... thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Debgem said...

Super papers, love the bright image - a great Halloween card!

Jean Martin said...

Wow Laura! I love your choice of papers! This is just lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at WMSC! :)